11.03.2007

update....more coming

Okay it's been - what seems like forever- since I have blogged! Porter has been gone since last Sunday and he took his computer with him. I know it's HIS computer for work - but I have all of my pictures on it and it's the computer I blog on and do my email. It's so fast - I love it! I don't think he should be able to take it - okay I know I'm really selfish - but he has the Internet on his phone - isn't that enough???

This past week has been a little crazy!!! Porter left Sunday and returned Friday night late - so I've been mom and dad all week. Cottonwood Hospital - where I work - shut down and opened a new gigantic hospital down the street. So I was required to work all these extra shifts this week - even when my kids were out of school for UEA on Monday and Tuesday (what timing)!!! Then came Halloween and I took my trick-or-treaters out by myself. Well - we went up to my Brother's neighborhood first and Brenda came with us and my mom came too. We had a lot of fun! Then we did a little trick-or-treating in my mom's neighborhood!

And the last thing that took up every second of my time was Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. Need I say more? I don't know where I have been these last few years - (or how ever long these books have been out)- but they are the best. I read all three books in like 5 days - and they are all like 500-600 pages! So I think I got a total of about 10 hours of sleep this whole week. (Thanks to my sister-in-law Anne who told me about them). Believe me - that lack of sleep is making me go crazy - my kids would attest to it! Friday morning getting them ready for school - I told Courtney to "go potty" as she was eating her breakfast - just like I was telling Darby! Then about 10 minutes later, I told Jake to "go get dressed" - he was all ready dressed, I just wanted him to get his book bag on!

I will post their Halloween pics soon! I just wanted to give a little update of my sleepless life! (Sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense - I'm still recovering!)

6 comments:

Steph said...

Sorry Anne- as I re-read my blog I made it sound like it was your fault I didn't get any sleep. I really was just thanking you for telling me about the books! I just wanted to clear that up! Love you Anne!

Jacqui said...

Hey! Did you guys get a dog? (Is Darby yours?) It's been too long! We'd love to take you up on your raincheck of getting together when everyone is healthy. We were sad to miss it a few weeks ago. BTW--LOVE the vampire books. I think the first one is the very best, don't you? I was kind of hoping she'd be bitten by book 3, but NO!

Lisa said...

Those books are so addicting, I completely understand. I'm pretty sure I have a crush on Edward. What's worse is that even once you finish them, you can't get the story and characters out of your head for like at least a week. Anyway, that would be hard with Porter gone all week and all that stuff going on!

Louis and Alice said...

I can't wait for the Halloween pix! I think Santa should bring you your own computer for Christmas! I picked you for presents this year, any ideas (besides a computer!)? Please let me know!

Nichole said...

I hear the vampire books are GREAT! I need to start reading them...I hear you can't put them down. I just finished a book and I am looking for a new one. So with all my free time maybe I should start another one!?!

lynnie said...

Have you gone on-line to read even MORE ?? You can read Edward's point of view ... I blew through all of them also... fun read.