10.23.2007

Sadie Sadie Pretty Lady






Sadie Sadie Pretty Lady Won't You Be My Baby - is her official name! I got Sadie from my grandma and grandpa Nielsen when I was about 10 years old. She was the runt of the litter and weighed about 2 ounces when she was born. She was so small she had to be tube fed every feeding. Sadie slept in my bed from the day I brought her home until I left for college.

During my 2nd year in nursing school my mom babysat Courtney almost everyday. Sadie LOVED Courtney!!! When Court would take a nap, she would wait outside her door. When she would wake up Sadie would go and find my mom to let her know. Sadie loved my kids! When I first got Sadie I never imagined she would be around to play with my kids!
Sadie lived almost 18 long years! By the end she was deaf, blind and could hardly walk some days. We put her to sleep last Thursday. It was so hard to do - but we thought it was the right thing to do! I miss you Sadie - I love you!


7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, how sad! I'm sorry! I know how sad that Hansen's were when Keisha died. It's good to have had such a great pet.

Angelina said...

That's so neat that your kids got to know and love the dog from your childhood. I'm so sorry that you had to put her down.

lynnie said...

Oh! This is a sad blog ..... I love my dog- but he is huge and sheds everywhere, I alway's threaten to get rid of him - now I am going to go hug him ! I am sorry for you - dogs are such a part of the family !

Davis said...

I think this means the last of that litter of dogs is gone. I miss Keesha...I want a dog...

Nichole said...

Kiali just said "ahhh Sadie looks so cute." She really misses her. I think she wanted to go to your house to play with her more than the kids! I think she thought Sadie was her little friend! I didn't even know she was YOUR dog? I thought she was your mom's! Wow...you got her when you were 10!

Louis and Alice said...

That was such a sweet blog Steph. You made me cry and give Karma(my dog)a big hug. Karma is 8 years old and I pray everyday that she stays around forever! Baylee is so much in love with her already. It would be great if she could grow up with her, or atleast for another 10 years!

Jacqui said...

You have some great pics of Sadie. May her memory live on!