11.28.2007

Christmas Village and more......

I've been trying to decorate for Christmas tonight!!! It has been so much fun - all of my stuff has been boxed up for a few years - so it was just like Christmas morning opening up my boxes and not knowing what was in them!!!

This is the first time I've ever put up my Christmas village!!! I inherited this Dicken's village from my Grandma Nielsen. Every year growing up, my mom would give my Grandma Nielsen a new house. My mom always told her that someday it would go to me - and back then I really didn't care - but now it's like the coolest thing ever!! (Thanks Mom) I love it! I just sit and stare at all the little details! It makes me want to be little and go live in the village!!! Now I just need Porter's help to get all the lights on!





Here are some of the snowman I have collected. I love snowman!!!
Here are our stockings - and no I'm not pregnant - one is for Darby! I still need to add garland, but they are really fun to have up! It really feels like Christmas now! And that's not our big tree, it's just a little one I've had forever, I thought it would be fun to put it up anyway! We will hopefully get a real one from Wyoming this weekend! Okay - these picture are from last week. Jake and Tanner took about a 2 hour bubble bath in my tub! Every time the bubbles would get low - they would turn on the jets and it would fill the tub right back up - which they thought was the coolest! They were being so funny! Jake kept wanting me to take all these pics of him - but I couldn't because the bubbles kept sliding off certain parts (If you know what I mean)!!!


Cute Courtney and Darby asleep on the couch!!! I couldn't pass up this moment!
And here is a picture I took a few weeks ago - I finally got my ottoman and my pillows that I waited almost 4 months for!!! But it was worth the wait!!!
I hope everyone has a good Christmas season!!! I love this time of year!

3 comments:

Anne said...

So cute Steph. I love the village. Did you ever see Grandpa Dahns in their old house? I'm so excited to go get a tree. See you Friday night!

allison said...

I've always wanted one of those villages too! How neat for your mom to pass it on to you. My Grandma is doing the same thing with Christmas dishes. Every year she gives us a new set of plates, cups, saucers or whatever! And now I'm just starting to appreciate it - it's so fun! Have fun getting a tree, I'm so jealous!

Louis and Alice said...

I love your Christmas Village! Louis and I want to start one now. The boys are so cute in the tub! But the pic of Court and Darby is my favorite!