12.02.2007

Boy, did we ever get a tree.......

We went up to Wyoming this weekend to get a Christmas tree!! We had a lot of fun - Anne, Kayde, Drake, Wil and his friend Brandon all came up for the big occasion! Every year Porter's family goes to the forest and cuts down their own tree! Usually every year - 1 or more - vehicle gets stuck! But not this year - we made it without having to dig a truck out!

Here is Mark's (Porter's dad) car leading the way!
I was in the truck with Porter and Jake! (He's not smoking - just chewing a match - he quit several months ago - just kiddin')
Jake got a little bored on the way up there and was making faces at me!!! He looks pretty freaky!!! Jake and Court biffed it on the tube!
After a long hunt we found the perfect Christmas tree!! Porter wanted a huge one - that's all he cared about. He wanted to get a 18 foot tree so it would reach our ceiling, but he finally came around and realized a 14 foot tree would do. (And yes, Porter did have a tape measure)! Mark and Cynde got a great tree- Anne and Kayde did too - and Brandon's tree, well more like a tree branch, will be perfect in his dorm room! My camera batteries died, so if you want to see a group photo of everyone with their trees, you will have to go to Anne's blog. Hopefully she will have the pictures up soon!
So we get the tree home tonight (Sunday) and it is freakin' huge!!! It's like having my own forest in the family room. It makes everything else in the room look tiny! I do love it - it is a beautiful tree, and It smells soooo good. I don't know how I am going to get lights on it - or if I even will! And the bottom of it might be the only part that get decorated. Oh well, I think my kids will always remember this tree! (This picture doesn't really do it justice)



If I ever get lights on it or decorate it - I will add more pictures - but it might just stay this way! I hope everyone is having a merry Christmas so far! I can't wait to see everyone soon!

8 comments:

Brit H. said...

WOW! What a tree! Craig and I were just going back and forth about a real tree vs a fake tree. haha. I bet your house smells wonderful! Anyway, nice pick up. Also, I have a Dicken's village too! They are so fun!

Anne said...

Hey Steph. I'm so glad we could spend the weekend with you guys. I can't get any of your pictures to load on my computer dang it. I'm sure they are so cute. I will keep trying to get the to come up. But I will post mine tonight after work. Have a good day. Love you guys lots!!

Angelina said...

What a fun Christmas tradition. That really is a huge tree. I've always wondered how you decorate a tree that big. Let me know how you reach the top of it. :)

allison said...

Wow that is huge! I'm so jealous, it looks like you all had a lot of fun! And there's nothing like a real Christmas tree smell to fill your house at Christmas time!

Emily said...

Good times. You should really try to get that thing decorated, clear to the top. That would be awsome.

cynde isom said...

Hi this is Wil,
Nice tree! Me and Porter almost passed out dragging it back to the truck... It was awesome to see you guys, tell the kids hi. See you later.

Lisa said...

That's a beautiful tree! What a fun adventure to go and pick it out. And, I'm glad to see that Tanner is still wearing the spiderman costume.

Louis and Alice said...

I am so jealous of your tree..it makes our 2 foot fake tree look like nothing! One day I would love to get a big tree like that! But first we need a house big enough! We can't wait to come out and see you (and the tree) in a couple of weeks!