11.14.2008

Porter's Adventures.........okay so who wouldn't be a little jealous?

Yes, I admit it.....sometimes I am green with envy when it comes to Porter's "job". Sometimes - well okay a lot of the time - it just sounds so nice to stay in the nicest resorts, eat at the nicest restaurants (meaning no cooking and more importantly no cleaning up), doing whatever you want - when you want, maid service, seeing the world, and doing some pretty cool things. Okay, I must be really lonely. Porter texted me tonight from Scottsdale, AZ - AS HE WAS EATING AT FLEMMINGS no less - and it just made me feel a little sad. He's gone for another week and a half and I just miss him. :( I'm sure it's a real sacrifice (I just can't see it tonight as I look at all these pictures) that he has to be gone all the time and I'm sure if it was me that had to travel all the time - I wouldn't trade it for what I am doing. But.............. it's sure nice to dream and live vicariously through him. Seriously if you don't believe me - look where he has been - and these are only a few of the places.



This is the resort he stayed at last week in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico . See what I mean about spoiled!!!!

Beautiful sunset.
He took this picture out on a catamaran trip. Way cool rock, there were a bunch of seals on it
Here he is scuba diving while in Mexico. The sea lions would come right up to him.




Another trip to West Palm Beach, Florida. He went deep sea fishing.

He caught a barracuda.
YIKES!!!!! And I thought sharks were scary.


This is in Bellingham, Washington. It looks so beautiful.


Grand Cayman Island. He gets to hang out here a lot! He's going again next week.
One of his many trips to San Francisco.
This is on the private Island called St. Simmons off the coast of Georgia.


New York, New York. I've never been to NY city - someday :)

Washington, D.C.

Do you see what I mean? I know it's his job and all - but for the love!!! I think I'm just jealous because I want to travel the world so so so so bad. I guess my time will come someday. By then, he'll probably just want to stay home. Oh well - such is life. I will just be thankful for what I have.

19 comments:

allison said...

you should hide in his suitcase one of these days! I had no idea that pilots got so much time to go sight-seeing, I figured it was always just back and forth and back and forth. So, that's way awesome and I would definitely be a little jealous, or maybe a lot jealous.

Kim Sandberg Turner said...

What a wonderful blog you have! I loved the Halloween pictures, they looked like you all had the best time! It seems like Porter gets the best of both worlds--and none of the flip-side of either one of them, because he doesn't stay in one or the other long enough! :) What great adventures he has to tell the kids, and what a wonderful wife he has to "hold the fort" for him while he's away. You too seem to be making the schedule work, and you'll be blessed for it!

Kim Sandberg Turner said...

I also LOVE the name of your blog . . .keep blogging girl!

Lisa said...

Geez, I would be jealous too. I don't think you can help it! Just think, once you're able to travel together someday, he'll know all the good spots.

Shana and Brandon said...

I am jealous too!! That looks like fun. It must be hard for to stay home knowing he is traveling the world:) It was good to see you at church. My kids are not very well behaved that is why we don't sit on the benches very often.

Jacqui said...

So Jeff and I are sitting here reading the adventures of Porter. I just want you to know that I am vicariously getting mad at Porter for you! HAHA. But seriously...for the love is about right. I KNOW I'd be one cranky wife if he was bringing home these pics..."oh, and look at me here on my private island...and here I am meeting the President...and here I am eating at Flemmings...AH!"

You should email him some pictures. "Here I am making a pb and j. It's very exotic. Here I am driving carpool. It rocks. Here I am doing laundry. It's the BEST!"
PS Can't wait for the movie. WOO HOO.

Jess said...

Poor Steph!!! I do feel bad for you! Tell Porter he is a way too spoiled. I am going to NYC this spring, you should join me so you could start a list of places you have been.
Find out Porters schedule during Christmas so we can see you guys while we are visiting.

Ann Marie said...

After seeing all of those pictures, I am sitting here thinking "man.. I have lots of the world yet to see.." He is lucky!

I would so feel the same way you do.. I agree with your friend Jacqui.. Take pictures of all of the "THINGS" he's missing!
He-He

PS: Thanks for the clarification about the Halloween post. I laughed.. But, you still are HAWT!!

Emily said...

Maybe one of these days you could just go on tour with him...those are some great pics. We loved the ones with the seals that Port emailed us. Isak said we've gotta go do that one day. Lets all go together. Love you, and try to hang in while he travels...I know easy for anyone else to say.

Misty said...

Wow...I'm definitely jealous too. He owes you some nice time off :)

Anne said...

It was so much fun to hang out with you guys for a bit on Saturday. Tell Courtney that she amazes me. What a sweet heart. As for the traveling....someday when we are all millionaires we are going to go on trips like crazy. All of us, no kids, and have a blast. So start saving. :) I'm excited to see you for Thanksgiving.

Lindsay said...

Holy Crap. He's a freaking pilot. Why on earth is he not flying YOU all around the world? Home school your kids and GO WITH HIM.
And for his safety, I would probably encourage him to NOT take any more pictures OR tell you what he's doing.
When you have your mansion in the next world, you'll just have to put HIM in charge of all the hard stuff. :)
Let's get Wendy and hang out sometime. I thought you moved to Cali, but since you're still here, we need a play date!

Louis and Alice said...

Wow, I love traveling! I am just as jealous! Our time will come though! Thanks for calling on my birthday! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Kris Doman said...

Steph -
You're still in Utah, hooray! I need to get your mailing address so I can send you a Christmas card. Email it to me ok?

Kris Doman
kris@kdportraits.com

Louis and Alice said...

Thank you Steph and Porter and Jake for the Christmas gifts!! We love them! We hope you had a wonderful time too! Have a great New Year! We miss you all!

Louis and Alice said...

Hi Steph!! We are so excited to have Courtney visit us! I hope all is well! XOXO

Nichole said...

Ya...hard life Porter...looks simialr to my b-i-l's....guess that is a pilot's life for ya? Someone's gotta do it! Steph you just need to go with him! :) Hey girl I miss ya. Hope all is well!

cynde isom said...

Hi Steph. I miss reading your blogs--hope you don't stop posting. I am even going to try to comment once in a while.

Dan and Leslie said...

Hey Steph it's Dan. We are so happy to have Porter here at our home in Albuquerque. I asked him about your blog so we were looking at it together. We came across this one and it was fun to watch his reaction to not just the post but all the comments. I guess he hasn't checked it for a while. Should be fun to talk about the blog with him when he gets home:)