5.08.2009

Hmm....Where to begin?

The biggest news is we are pregnant!!! I am just over 18 weeks and due on October 7th. I have been VERY sick but it is finally starting to ease just a bit. I can at least get off the couch and 1/2 way function. We were hoping for a girl - but it's a boy. Porter told me from day one it would be a boy - I kept hoping for a girl - but it was very clear on ultrasound that it's a boy. I think Heavenly Father knew I could only handle the drama from one girl. :) But we are so excited!!!

These ultrasound pictures are from 15 weeks.
The bum shot!





So, I only had a girl named picked out - of course - so if anyone has any good suggestions - I need help!!!




Let's see, what else has been happening...... Courtney was able to go to state in swimming. She's been doing so well, it is so fun to watch her swim.

Swimming the butterfly
Here she is with one of her coaches and her relay team.
Jake is still playing soccer and busy with all of his friends. Tanner has started soccer and is so excited. He's watched Courtney and Jake do all of their things - and now it's finally his turn to play. He's pretty clueless out there - but he loves it. He gets ready at for soccer at 8 a.m. - even when his game is at 6:30 at night. Courtney was able to go to Florida for almost a week with Grandma Cynde for her birthday. She had a blast! Lucky girl.
Porter and I just got back from a whirlwind trip that was awesome! I was able to tag along on one of his work trips from Washington D.C. to the Caymans to New Orleans and back to California for a week. I will have to post pics in a new post because my computer is being weird and won't let me move the pictures around. My parents watched the kids - bless them- and we had a great trip.
Hopefull I will keep blogging - this preganacy thing is not for me. Sometimes I wish I were a polar bear - sleep through the whole thing!

11 comments:

Anne said...

Steph! I was so excited to see your comment! Welcome back my dear. Can't wait to see pics of your trip. Don't ask me about boy names.....Kayde has a ton but I'm sure you won't like any of them. :) Glad you are feeling just a little bit better. Talk to you soon!

Emily said...

Yeah Steph! I'm glad you are doing a bit better. We can't wait to see you all at Bear Lake. Love you.

Jacqui said...

Yay! You are back on the blog. Congrats to Court on her state swimming. We'll have to brave the swim meets next winter.

Boy names are tough. Two I wish I could've used are Wesley and Owen. I think Wesley is my fave. Love Wes as a nickname. Can't you just see him riding a horse in Wyoming with Jake, Tanner and Porter? I also like Eli and Jonah, although I don't see them on a horse as easily. Lol!

Kris Doman said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats, Steph! I love those "first photos"! I second Eli. That was going to be Kora's name if... I was so glad to hear from you again!

allison said...

Steph! It's been so long! I'm so excited to see a pregnancy update, I've been wondering how you've been doing! I was sure we were going to have a boy, so I had all boy names picked out, so if you have any girl suggestions I'd be open to them also. We were going to copy you and go for Jacob (or is your Jake not Jacob?). Anyway, we're excited for you, hope all is well!

Jess said...

Steph & Port --- You are alive....and pregnant!!! Super cool, wondering if you were going to take the leap of four kids....if you can do it maybe we can ? I miss you guys, and think of you often... Damon just made a slideshow for me and it had a picture of you and I in AZ when we were eating those chocolate cheesecakes on a sticks....fun memories!

Louis and Alice said...

Congrats on a Boy! That is what we are hoping for! Just please don't name yours Jackson...that is the only name Louis and I can agree on if it is a boy :) We find out next week what we are having! We had such a great time with Courtney down here! She is such a sweet girl. I hope Baylee grows up to be like her! Please post pix of your fun trip with Porter! Take care!

Kami said...

Hi Steph! Ann told me I had to check out your blog...Pregnant! Wow! I am so excited for you guys. Are you still in Utah? If so, we should get together some time. I couldn't find your cell phone # that I had, so give me a call. Good to see you guys are doing well!

Kami Tullis
PS - Sorry you are so sick, not fun. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Evans Family said...

Steph, Congrats on the baby! I love ultrasound pics. Yours were so exciting, I almost want to jump on board the pregancy train. Boy names.. Hmm. I personally like Finn but Shad is not a fan. Some others from work are Kellen and Owen. I would love to get together again if you guys are still here.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! Karen told me a while ago, but I haven't seen you in person since then to congratulate you. Boy parts on an ultrasound are an unfamiliar sight around here. Let me assure you that having multiple girls means plenty of drama... :) Glad to see you blog again!

Nichole said...

I have been wondering what you were having! I am so excited for you...boys are fun! And so much easier than girls. (Hey look on the brite side...they are cheaper too! Think of all the clothes you won't have to buy!)

See you this week! We need to get all the girls togther!