12.17.2007

Arrrrrrrgh.......

Tanner turned 3 on the 15th!!! It's crazy to me that he is all ready 3! They grow up way to fast!!! I love that boy so much! I asked Tanner what kind of party he wanted - I thought it would be cars - but he wanted a pirate party!!!! And boy did we ever have a pirate party!!!

I love my kids birthdays - I love decorating the house, making their cake and planning the party! I think I decorated so much for his party because his birthday is so close to Christmas -I wanted it to be special for him. I tried to move all my Christmas stuff aside and make it feel like his birthday!

My mom and I made him a sword birthday cake! I made the cake and cut it into the sword shape. My cute mom decorated it with the frosting and did an AWESOME job! She had the hard part!!! It looked so good!!!! Thanks mom!!! I sent everyone on a treasure hunt through the house - from the basement up to Tanner's room! Every clue led to something a pirate would wear - like eye patches, pirate vests, jewelry, swords, hats and of course gold! So when we were done with the treasure hunt everyone looked like a pirate!





Here are all the pirates - now ready for the party!At the end of the treasure hunt I had Tanner open one of his presents which was a pirate costume! Tanner is so into dress-ups right now! You never know if his going to show up as spiderman, batman - and now he can be a pirate too!




He also got a red Power Ranger to dress up in!!! He has not taken it off since his birthday - literally!!! Every where we go - he's a Power Ranger- and proud of it! He'll walk into a store or a room of people and announce that he's a Power Ranger!
Tanner snitching the cake while we were playing games!


We all played pin the patch on the pirate! Tanner got it right on the pirate's eye- but he was peeking! It's okay - it was his party!

Then we played musical islands! (Yes, everyone was a really good sport with all of my games)
Happy birthday Tanner - we all love you so much!





10 comments:

Brit H. said...

Wow! That party looks amazing! What a fun mom you are. Oh, by the way, Emma's number 2 birthday is on Wednesday...any ideas?? haha. Good work!

allison said...

Wow, you did awesome Steph, I'm so impressed! I always feel bad for those people who have birthdays so close to Christmas, but you did great at making Tanner feel like it was his special day. He is so adorable.

Lindsay said...

Um, will you please plan my next party for my kids! Seriously. . you definitely got your moms creativity.

Louis and Alice said...

I love your Breakfast With Santa tradition! I think that is such a great idea for the kids (and adults). Tanner's Birthday Party looked so awesome! It's getting me all excited for Baylee's 1st Birthday coming up! I need to start planning soon, maybe you can give me some suggestions :)

lynnie said...

What a darling mom you are...tooo bad he will grow up and want you to leave him alone and not ask ANY questions!!!hee hee coming from a mom of a TEENAGE boy.... that I love .. I hope the bonk on the head was not serious. Have a great Christmas ..

Emily said...

I tell ya girl, you can throw a party. You should hire out...remember I always said you should be a wedding planner or a three year old birthday party planner.

Anne said...

Wow Steph! Looks like a blast. I bet Tanner absolutely loved it. Well, see you a in a few days!

Angelina said...

Tanner is adorable. I love that he's in a different costume whenever I see him. This party makes me excited to have a boy! And yes, it was REALLY hard to keep what we were having a secret on Christmas Eve. :)

Elizabeth said...

This is pretty much the coolest pirate party I have ever seen. My little brother had a pirate party once and my parents cut hot dogs to look like octopuses. Also, that cake is awesome! You did a great job!

Nichole said...

I can't believe Tanner is 3!!! He was a baby not so long ago!!! I love the pirate theme! That is what our Tanner did! You are awesome...parties completely stress me out. I wish I loved them as much as you! I haven't looked at your blog in forever. It was fun to see what you guys are up to...like your Santa's breakfast! Yummmy yet fun too!