1.09.2011

Blast from the past - Crew's birth from 2009

I know, it's now January 2011 but I'm finally posting my pictures from Crew's birth from 2009. The biggest event in my life since I last posted. Crew Grant Isom was actually born on his due date on Oct. 6th, 2009. He was born at 6:40 p.m. weighing in at 7lbs 9 oz. I was in labor nearly 24 hours and did it NATURALLY with much help from my wonderful husband, sister in law Emily and my mom. Words cannot express what I went through - but I did it! (Don't know if I will ever do that again!!!)

When Crew was born the connection was immediate. It felt like - where have you been my whole life?

Here is Porter and I in the Labor and Delivery room before all heck broke loose! I'm still smiling here.
Here's my sister-in-law Emily who came and literally held my hand through the whole thing. (Sorry if I broke any bones Emily). She was so great to have there and give me the encouragement and help that I really needed. (Thanks Em - you're the best!)

Me and my mom! My mom wasn't so sure of this natural thing - I think she thought I was crazy and she was probably right. I don't think parents like to see their kids in pain.

Whew........Crew finally made it. The whole fam!




1st bath....Courtney Jake and Tanner helped. They were so excited to have a new brother.









Home from the hospital.

Crew is now 15 months old. He has long, blond, slightly curly hair. We call him "mini-Tan" -Tanner and Crew could be twins. He can be quite a handful....they talk about the terrible 2's.........I think he started it about 6 months and is still going through it! We all love him very much.












6 comments:

Shana and Brandon said...

Yay your doing your blog:) i came across it again at work in the middle of the night. Love it

Jacqui said...

I am about to pass out--you posted!! :) I love reading about your family. We don't see each other enough, even though we're mere streets away. Your Crew is a doll baby. My girls are in love with him! What a sweet post. You are AMAZING to do it naturally for 24 hours. I seriously stand in awe. Glad to see you back!

Emily said...

Well hello! Yes, you were amazing, I also stand in awe...thanks for letting me help. I love the new pics of your kids, is that one of Court the one you were telling me about?? Love you much, thanks for the laughs in Lyman town :)

Anne said...

Well hello Steph!! Loved the post. It was so much fun to see you over Christmas. Love ya!

cynde isom said...

Your back!! I always check and here you are. Please don't stop. You have lots of time to make up and lots of pics to post.

Louis and Alice said...

Just thinking of the natural labor again...ahhh, I better get in gear! It just better be less than 24 hours this time! Thanks for helping me get through it the first time! All I thought of was that you survived it just 3 weeks before, I can surely make it out alive too :)