10.24.2008

I know.....it's shocking!!!

Okay, yes I know it's very shocking - but I am actually blogging. I figured it was time to start up again. I just needed a break from blogging - I don't know if anyone else ever gets that way? Plus 3 kids keeps me super busy - as all of you moms know.

So, here's the update: we are still in Utah and trying to keep it that way - CA is super over priced plus the schools aren't very good.
Porter is still flying for his boss out of San Jose and commutes there when he needs to fly - although he is not near as busy as he was. Yah!
I am still working my 1 shift a week at the surgical center and doing what mom's do: shopping, cleaning, cooking, carpooling, homework, counseling, bed-tucker-inner and a million and one other things.
Courtney is in 4th grade and loving it - she has some really cute friends. She is also on a swim team and trains several hours a day 4-5 times a week - and she's doing great!
Jake is Jake! He is in 2nd grade, still playing soccer and he is my collector. He collects anything and everything. Rocks, cool little do-dad's, money, shoelaces, or whatever he can find. Every time I turn around Jake has a little pile somewhere.
Tanner is almost 4 - I can't believe it - and in pre-school. He loves to do everything Courtney and Jake do - but he is our entertainer. You never know what funny thing is going to come out of his mouth!

So that's the low down on us Isom's! I've decided there is so much to blog that I will go back and give the highlights of the past few months. But I wanted to start with our family trip to Yellowstone in September. This is the first time just Porter and I have taken our kids on a vacation. We usually go with my family or his, so it was really fun to go with just us. The kids loved Yellowstone! It was a really fun family trip. :)





Mammoth Hot Springs

Isn't that amazing? This picture does it no justice. This elk was huge!
This is one of my favorite pictures.

You can see where everything burned in the big fire 20 years ago.

Out to eat. YUM YUM



Swimming at the hotel.


This is at a bear preserve in West Yellowstone. Courtney and Jake got to go into the bears enclosure (when they weren't in there) and hide food for them. Then the bears would come out and find the food. It was so cool .

They had wolves there too, we even got to hear all of them howling.


We spent lots of time driving in the car.



You got to hit Old Faithful. She still is faithful.


Yellowstone Lake. It was pretty chilly - It even snowed for a few minutes.

Porter encouraging Jake to break the rules! (No....not Porter)

Yellowstone Lake - it was so pretty.
Tanner called them bufflers or mufflers.


This is what they call the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.





Hopefully very soon, I will give the highlights of the past few months.


































15 comments:

Anne said...

Yeah, the first to comment! I thought you might have posted since you commented on mine. I totally understand the whole get sick of blogging deal. I've been on a break for a while too. Too much going on. :) Your trip looked like a blast. Your little fam is so cute. Hope things are good. We need to plan a time for Courtney to come stay with me!

Jacqui said...

Okay, I just left you this email complaining about how you never blog, and then I see that you actually posted!! Sorry!

First off, I love your black shirt. Totally cool! I want one. Where did you get it?

Second, I am so glad you're back to blogging. I just love snooping on your life.

Third, you have a very cute family. Fuuun trip! Isn't it nice to be the grown-up on a vacation? I love it! ;)

Fourth, I better see you tonight. K? Love ya!

Jess said...

Steph!!! Thank you for blogging so I know you didn't drop off the face of the earth! I can't believe you were in Yellowstone Park---I could have hooked you up to stay at our family cabin that is in Macks Inn (20miles from West). That is so great it was just you and Port and the kids- those are the best vacas. Next time we will go together.
Glad to hear you still live in UT---we will be there for Christmas...let's hope we can get together atleast while Damon is there. Can't wait to see you.
Jess

Nichole said...

Wahoooo!!! Steph you finally posted! Your vacation loked like a blast! There is something to say about just being your own little family! I can't believe how many animals you got tosee close up!!!

I do miss all of you guys! Wish I was still around! Tell the kids hi for us. And go enjoy a GNO with all the girls for me...I need one today!

allison said...

how fun, I still can't believe i've lived in Wyoming my whole life and have never been to Yellowstone! Pathetic! Anywho, I'm glad you are back to blogging.

Kami said...

What?!? You ARE alive! :) So glad to see that you guys are doing well AND in Utah. Yay! If you guys are ever bored, give us a call. We'd love to get together with you some time.

Brit H. said...

Hello, stranger! Good to see you back in action. It was fun to see you tonight. Your family is DARLING! I am so glad to see that you are doing well. Now just keep up the blogging!!!

Brit H. said...

p.s. GREAT pics!

Misty said...

Yay! It is so good to hear that everything is going well for you guys! Those were some awesome pictures of your vacation - we are going to Yellowstone next year - and now I can't wait to see all of the cool things there.

Ann Marie said...

Just like everyone else has said, it's good to see you back blogging. I had checked it periodically, and thought man.. what's up with her... I still feel bad that I got to know you more --right before you moved, so I was hoping that the blog would keep us better connected.. Well... Steph, keep on posting!! It's fun to see what's going on with you!
Glad you stayed here.. Wish your family the best! Yellowstone looks like alot of fun. Since there is a bunch of driving though, we'll have to wait till the kiddies are a bit older.. :)
I look forward to more posts..

Angelina said...

I'm so happy to see you blogging again! I love reading about your family. Your trip to Yellowstone looked like a lot of fun. Nice to have you back in blog world!

Lisa said...

I'll admit, I stopped checking your blog. But, when you posted a comment on mine, I figured you were back! Looks like a fun trip! We've never taken a family trip by ourselves either. Yellowstone is such a fun place.

Emily said...

Great pics. It looks so fun. I love going on vacas just as our little fam. We SO would have loved you all to come and visit. I didn't even tell Isak it was a possibility, until after the fact. I knew he would be so bummed. Please, please come anytime you can.

Louis and Alice said...

Those pix are great Steph! I remember going to Yellowstone when I was 9 years old and loved it...it was one month before the huge fire struck! Louis has never been and now that he has seen your pix, he is dying to go! I am so glad you are back to blogging...we miss knowing what you are up to!

Shana and Brandon said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging world. I can't keep track of what you are doing because I never see you. I am glad you are still in Utah.