6.22.2008

Just when life seems settled.......BAM!

No Kidding!

Some of you may have heard - most of you probably haven't - but Porter got a new job in San Jose, California. California? I don't think I've ever wanted to live there, actually (as Tanner would say) I know I have never wanted to live there. I don't mind visiting to go to Disneyland and Sea World, but to live there? I'm a little unsure of this reality facing me. I'm trying to be excited about it, but the excitement hasn't come yet.

With the way the housing market is going, his boss just can't afford his Lear anymore. But we truly feel blessed - Porter got a very good job offer immediately. It was very sudden though, last Friday he got the job offer and 2 days later, on Father's day, he left for Florida for 2 weeks of training on the new airplane. Can I just say whirlwind? Three weeks ago - I didn't know what was coming.

So, that leaves Porter in Florida training, and me trying to pack and move out of our house by myself. Can I just say I'm a LITTLE stressed. I hate moving. Did I mention I HATE moving? I shouldn't complain, because when you pray for help, Heavenly Father sends you angels. Literally - I had 7 women from my ward show up and helped me pack my whole kitchen, I've had several good friends watch my kids, Cynde (Porter's mom) took Tanner to Wyoming for a few days, we've had several men in our ward show up - more than once- to help move big things out, and of course my family has helped a ton. I feel so blessed.

Porter has 2 months to commute to San Jose, while we find somewhere to live. We are moving all of our stuff into storage and are taking pretty much just our clothes to my mom's house until we move to San Jose.

That's my crazy life! So If I don't blog for a while, you know why!

11 comments:

Ann Marie said...

You are definately Wonder Woman for packing it all while Superman is away flying..:) I'm sure going to miss your little family.
I'm glad we started blogging, so we can keep in touch. I'm sure all of us in Utah will be coveting your weekly trips to the beach, and other fun spots.

Let us know if their is anything more we can do for you to lighten the load! A new adventure awaits!

Kami said...

I am sure bummed and will definitely miss you and your fam. I've decided when I am feeling overwhelmed or stressed, I just need to remind myself of you! ;) You are amazing. You handle it all with such grace. Good luck with everything. Please let us know if we can help!

allison said...

Oh man! I had no idea! Not like we were able to see each other when you were closer to us in Utah, but California???? That will be a fun adventure for sure! Rocky and I were going to try to make it to San Diego for a little vacation this summer but aren't going to make it...now maybe for next summer we'll have an excuse to go!

Brit H. said...

Crazy!!! How exciting though! We will have to come visit you in Cali! I am so glad to hear that things worked out so well for you guys and so quickly! So, will Porter not be traveling so much? That will be great! Make sure to keep in touch!

Misty said...

I'm so sad you are leaving, you were a wonderful visiting teacher! Doug & I lived in California for 5 years and loved it - it was a little hard being away from family though. You guys will do great - enjoy the wonderful weather out there.

Emily said...

Oh girl, hang in there. Change is always hard. You are going to miss your family like crazy. YOU CAN DO IT. I hope you can still make the reunion.

Shana and Brandon said...

I can't believe that. I have seen your kids at the pool but not you. I am glad I can keep up with your family on your blog. I am also glad Porter found something so fast

Kris Doman said...

I'll miss you guys too! I hope things are getting completed in the moving department, and your life is a little easier this week.

Jacqui said...

Holy cow, Steph! Your life is always a whirlwind. How can I help?! I really want to. Seriously, call me or email me. Jeff served his mission in San Jose. Northern Cali has fantastic weather--that's a plus!! But, we'll miss you. Boo! But yea for the new job. That's a blessing, for sure. Hope to see you and hear from you soon!

XO

Louis and Alice said...

Good luck with moving and we hope to still see you in a couple of weeks! It was so nice to hang out with Porter for a day down here!

Nichole said...

Steph~ Where are you girl? What is going on with your life...are you in Cali yet or in UT still. I am thinking about you and how n=much we miss you guys! Tell the kiddos hi for us! LOL~Nic