6.09.2008

I went SKY DIVING, I went Rocky Mtn climbing, I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named FuManchu

Okay, If you can believe it - I can actually say I have done 2 out of the 3 things in Tim's song!!!


Holy Crapola! Porter and I went skydiving - yes I said skydiving - today for our 10th anniversary. I'm sure it doesn't surprise anyone that Porter took the plunge - but I really did it too! June 9, 1998 is when our little family began and we sure celebrated it today. :) I guess you could compare getting married to jumping out of a plane - a little crazy, sometimes you feel like your falling fast, exciting, and you just hope and pray for a soft landing!

It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. I don't think Porter believed that I would actually do it, but I did! I wasn't even that nervous until we were almost to 18,000 feet and my instructor finished strapping us together. I started freaking out in my mind as I watched 4 people jump before me and we were sliding down the bench to the door. But when we got to the door and I looked out - I wasn't nervous anymore - just so excited! They have you lean forward, backwards, and then you fly out the door as you lean forwards again. I can't even explain the feelings I had. I wasn't scared at all - just overwhelmed with amazement, adrenaline, exhilaration, and excitement. You are falling so fast, but it doesn't really even feel like it. Then they open your parachute and you slowly finish your way down to the earth! AMAZING! I want to go again - I am proud of myself for doing something I didn't think I could.


Here is the group we went with. The second one from the left is one of Porter's best friends from flight school, Brandon Olsen. It was also his bday today and he brought his girlfriend and his brothers.




15 comments:

Misty said...

Wow! I can't believe you did that! You are amazing - I don't know if I would ever have the guts to jump out of a plane. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my blog, I really like to read yours too, it is fun to learn more about you. If you would like to do a post about your 8 quirks, I would love to read about it. Misty

Ann Marie said...

You brave girl! You are a FUN and DARING girl! I know I could never do it, but if I did-- I would want to go double. :)
I'm glad you had a good/happy anniversary!

Anne said...

I am so jealous. Sounds like a blast! I'm glad you guys got to go. What a fun day!

Nichole said...

NO WAY! You are soooo BRAVE! It sounds like so much fun...but I think I would get scared at the last minute! I am glad to hear the jump didn't scare you off!!! Okay so Happy Anniversary...why did I not hear about this at Fridays game!??! When did you go? How fun!?! Hey can I take your kiddos so you can get some things done!?! Or I can come over & help you when John is home in the evening....what would work better!?! Let me know :)

Leo and Jill said...

That is awesome. Leo wants me to do that but I am too chicken so way to go!!!

allison said...

Holy Crapola is right! WOW! I was getting nervous, excited and an adrenaline rush just reading about it! I am a little envious I'll admit! Congrats, I bet it was a blast!

Emily said...

I'm sooooo proud of you Steph. What a woman. I'll bet Porter was crapping his pants when you weren't even scared. Way to go girl.

Kami said...

Hi Steph...it's Kami from the ward. :) Hope you don't mind me looking at your blog, I saw your link from Ann's blog. I can't believe you went skydiving! How awesome is that?! I would love to do something like that. You go girl! It must have been so exhilirating. Anyways, I just wanted to say Hi and glad you and Porter had a great anniversary.

Louis and Alice said...

That is so awesome Steph!!! Happy 10 year Anniversary!!

lynnie said...

Good For YOU!!! Happy Anniversary!

Elizabeth said...

I think that jumping out of a plane is a very symbolic way of celebrating a wedding anniversary :) It is so cool that you did that! I don't think I would have the guts. I get butterflies just thinking about it!

Brit H. said...

YAY! Fun huh? Lucky for you that you went with your cute husband! When I went, it was just with a date. Anyway, super fun eh??? Nice job and congrats on your anniversary!

Jacqui said...

You are completely nuts, but I am SO IMPRESSED! Are you scared of heights? I think I'd pass out. I get the woozy tummy being up on a 10" cliff. Wow, Steph. That's all I can say. WOW>!

Nat said...

I just about peed my pants reading your story, Steph! Wow--what a woman you are!--Natalie

Kris Doman said...

I am so impressed! Someday I'd like to try it too.