3.01.2008

My kids are going to need therapy....

Okay - so Courtney and Jake have been off track for 3 weeks now! They have been able to do a lot of fun things this time. They did an off track camp for a week, we made it to the aquarium, we went to Washington to visit my aunt and uncle and their 11 kids on a huge cherry and apple farm, Courtney took skiing and Jake took snowboarding lessons for the first time (which they absolutely loved) and they were able to spend some time visiting Porter's parents in Wyoming! So they have had a really fun 3 weeks!!!

So, Porter and I got a call from his mom this week while they were up there and I just had to share this story - mostly because I don't want to forget it! As many of you know - my kids love going up to Wyoming to visit! Courtney and Jake love helping Grandad at his vet clinic with all the animals. So they had just finished watching him neuter a dog and the testicles were sitting there in a little thing........ so my kids start dissecting them (yes, this is why they will need therapy)!!! Hey, it's educational, right? (Saves me some explaining later in life)!!!! Anyways, Courtney says to Jan (one of the ladies who has worked there forever), "this looks like a brain" and Jan says back to Courtney, "It pretty much is!"

Oh, the lessons of life you can learn at a vet clinic! I'm sure Court didn't get it - but someday I'll share this with her again! So if anyone needs help teaching their kids sex ed - just send them up to WY.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Ahh!! That is so funny!

allison said...

That is great, and oh yes the educational things you can learn in Wyoming working with animals. How fun!

Nichole said...

That is so hilarious! Does that mean the size of a man's brain...or that it has a mind of it's own? Or BOTH!!!! He he he!!!

Jacqui said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! But oh.so.true...!

Anne said...

That's where my sex ed came from. That story it classic. Jan is the best. I used to disect everything my dad would "cut off" or "pull out". My mom loved having them. Everytime I called they were at the church playing in the gym, or at the new "dollar store", or going to the park.

Emily said...

Holly Moley Steph. That is the funniest thing I have heard all week.

Emily said...

Holly? I ment holy.

lynnie said...

HILARIOUS !!!

Nichole said...

It was good to see you at GNO excpet you were on the otherside of me...so I didn't get to really say. Let's look and see what our schedule is and get together again. Are you off on Fri? we could go to Thanksgiving Point. I need to get my $175 worth out of it before we leave. Bummer huh! That is alot of $ and I had a hard ttime justifying...but now I feel like I just threw away $175! I wish it was transerable! Anyway want to go...maybe Jaqui could go to!?!