3.10.2008

My grandpa's

Grandpa Hawkins & Grandpa Nielsen ("Grumps")
These are my 2 grandpa's who I love very much. They were both at my moms house for Sunday dinner. Grumps (my moms dad) comes every Sunday for dinner and it is so fun. We always get to hear fun stories and I love that my kids know him so well. He is very famous for wearing red socks - with everything - and my little Tanner loves to wear red socks just like Grumps! My grandpa Hawkins lives in Vernal so we don't get to see him very much. He is staying with my aunt because he is fighting colon cancer but came to my parents house for the weekend. I am so grateful for my wonderful grandpa's and the families they raised.
My kids are pretty lucky - they have 6 great-grandparents still alive.
Good photo op! Here are my kids with Grumps:

Here they are with Grandpa Hawkins:

This was our Sunday dinner. My mom always makes the BEST food! I love getting together with everyone on Sunday to eat good food, talk, play games and chill!
Cute Brent and Brenda! She's having a GIRL! We can't wait!!!!!Porter and Tan jumping on the tramp. It was a beautiful day!

Tanner is so so funny. Whenever anyone leaves he has to give you a kiss and a love. If you leave before he kisses and hugs you he has a complete melt down. So here he is giving his great-grandpa's their loves!

12 comments:

allison said...

How fun, I miss my grandpa and granddad both a lot! I love that picture of Tanner and Porter jumpin on the tramp, you snapped it at just the right time! I love Sunday's with the whole fam!

Jacqui said...

What is this excuse about not bloggin because you have nothing to blog about? What a sweet post! I loved every picture and every sentence you wrote. What a beautiful little lovie your Tanner is. Sweet huggie boy! Love that. And how wonderful to have a picture with both of your grandpas. Makes me sad that we live so far from family.

Thanks for sharing! GNO was a ton of fun.

Elizabeth said...

Great post! I love that Tanner likes to wear red socks like grumps. That so cute. :)

Louis and Alice said...

We are finally back with internet and settling into the new house! I love the sex-ed story of the kids! I hardly recognize them anymore...they are growing like weeds!!! I wish July would get here soon :)

Anne said...

Cute Grandpa's Steph. Courtney is growing up way too fast. She looks like a teenager in those pictures. She is gorgeous. Lucky girl with dark hair and beautiful eyes. Thanks for the call on our anniversary. We had great day.

Louis and Alice said...

When are you going to Disney World? We live 3 1/2 hours from Orlando. We will definitely come up and meet you! I wish our house was on the beach! It's actually a school behind us that is painted blue :( But we are only 20 minutes away from Key Largo!

lynnie said...

What a darling family! Your hair looked really pretty! Miss you, glad that you are having so much fun!!!

Nichole said...

Cute Grand Dads! Ahhh it makes me sad to think we won't be around for Sunday dinners to see all of our family! Ahhh so sweet, family is the best.

It was fun going with you to the Dino museum...and I think we came home with all of our kids!?!

Louis and Alice said...

Any word on Hawaii? If not, we will definitely plan on coming up to see you in Orlando!

Angelina said...

That's amazing that they have 6 great-grandparents alive! Not every kid can say that. How cute that Tanner wears red socks like Grumps! :)

Jacqui said...

Alright, I just tagged you so you will start blogging again. Check my blog!

Anne said...

Hey Steph. I hope everything is going ok. How's poor Courtney? Just wanted to say hi. :)