2.20.2008

10 Things Tag

10 Things Tag
A new tag! I think this tag is interesting. I always like getting recommendations from people. It's fun to see what you use or love.


Name 10 things in each category that you use daily and/or love:

In your fridge/kitchen:

1. yogart - my kids go through the stuff like candy
2. cereal every morning
3. Clorox kitchen clean up - It's hard to see stuff on my counter - so I make sure it's sanitized
4. 2-3 new dishrags everyday
5. my broom and mop
6. skinny cow icecream sandwiches - a must have
7. for Porter - it would be ranch dressing and habanero sauce - he puts it on everything
8. gallons and gallons of 1% milk (Porter needs something to rinse the habanero sauce down with)
9. IKEA's colorful plastic cups, bowls, spoons and plates - they are like $1 for a package of 6 - and they are the best - I highly recommend a trip to IKEA just for them
10. my kitchen scissors - I have like 3 pairs - you never know when they will get dirty or go missing


In your bathroom:

1. my flat iron - I don't think I could function without this - well I could but I would look freaky
2. my boars head bristle 3" round brush - another must have
3. my boars head bristle ratting brush (Yes Anne - you know the one, if I get you again for next Christmas I will see if I can get you one from my hairdresser - I don't know where you can buy them) - and yes this is a MUST HAVE
4. biosilk
5. really good shampoo and conditioner - I hate the cheap stuff - right now I'm using Joico
6. my MAC foundation stick
7. Venus razor
8. Dove soap
9. Versace bright crystal perfume - it's light and fresh so you can wear it everyday
10. Mac creamwash- for my face


In your house:

1. my gym bag - Porter got the guy to throw it in when we signed up for our membership and it's like a hundred bucks - and it's the best bag I've ever had
2. my van (the garage is part of the house)
3. my vacume (Jacqui - I'm so jealous you have a dyson - that's the one I want - so yes I am coveting)
4. my T.V. - I love to watch the news and sometimes be really lazy and sit in front of it after my kids go to bed
5. my front loading washer and dryer - they are the best - you can load so much stuff in them - like 2 normal loads
6. my house phone and my blackberry - or should I say 'crackberry'
7. Porter's laptop
8. our fireplace
9. cross-cut shredder - I hate junk mail and credit card applications - you think they could save all of the forests if they banned junk mail
10. the toilet


On your bookshelf/bedside table

1. Stephanie Myer's collection of books: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse
2. the new book I'm reading: Three Cups Of Tea
3. a smelly candle - you never know when that comes in handy
4. a loaded gun - just kidding - just seeing if anyone is still awake
5. Jane Austen's collection of books
6. all of my earrings I wear on a regular basis - which is only like 3 pairs
7. Our sunday school lesson book - Porter and I teach the 15/16 sunday school class
8. The Book Of Mormon Made Easier book by David J. Ridges - It is an awesome book - very helpful with my lessons
9. My camera and videocamera
(there's only 9 - I can't think of anymore things)


With the kids:

1. their coats or jackets
2. their bookbags
3. Tanner takes a zip lock bag of a collection of about 5-6 toys everywhere he goes - and the toys change on a daily basis
4. Jake takes his pocket knife with him - and leaves it in the car when he goes to school - and carries it with him most other places - and puts it on his dresser every night
5. kleenex
6. luckily I don't need any diapers - I've been diaper free for over a year and I don't think I can go back
7. Courtney usually brings a book with her
8. I always bring a book with me so I have something to do during practices
9. something to do with soccer - balls, bags, uniforms, socks, water bottles......
10. a lot of times Darby goes where the kids go - carpooling for school, soccer practices, the park, grandma's house


Well, that took me a lot longer than I thought it would!!! I tag anyone that wants to do it: Anne, Emily, Alice, Skip, Angie, Elizabeth - a few suggestions (I think everyone else has all ready been tagged by Jacqui). Don't feel pressure - actually it was kind of fun to think about it and it gave me something to blog about - I've been out of ideas lately!




9 comments:

Jacqui said...

Hi Steph! That was fun to read. I am up out of bed, despite a bedtime bath, because I have a headache that just won't quit.

Okay, I am cracking up about Porter's Ranch Dressing and Habanero sauce addiction! He and JEff are two birds of a feather. Jeff does exactly the same thing! I used to get offended b/c I thought my cooking was pretty dang good without dumping hotsauce or Ranch on everything, but now I just recognize it's the way he is. Whatever!

And my kids loooove hummus. We don't use it every day, but it is something I always have on my fridge and I make sure I buy it again as soon as it runs out. Ethan will down hummus on chips or crackers like nothing else. He'll just lick it off and want a "refill" on his chip! (Those new multi-grain chips in the black bag at Costco are really yummy.)

Jacqui said...

I keep hummus IN my fridge, not On my fridge, like I wrote. I hate that you can't edit these things. I always end up sounding like a blithering idiot!

allison said...

I was hoping you were still alive, Steph! That was fun to read, but my house is like 1/10 the size of yours, and my fridge is always empty, so mine might be kinda boring. What is it with men and tobaso sauce or other spicy things? I can't handle it!

Shana and Brandon said...

Steph- that was fun to read! I am glad you saw my last comment on your blog. I still work at Primary Children's. R you still working once in awhile.
Brandon loves to put hot sauce on everything. He always loves pepper, sometimes I can't see his food under all his pepper:)

Louis and Alice said...

Hawaii it is!!!!!

Nichole said...

Okay John TOO! Tabasco is his fav!!! But it is kind of funny because he gets a bead of sweat across his head and upper lip...but he still loves it!

Jacqui said...

I've gotta go get some IKEA bowls/cups. I can never get out of the house with under three kids unless Jeff's home, so it's a major trip to go to IKEA!

Hey, how about a girl's night out? Anyone wanting a break???!!! Let's go!!!

Jacqui said...

I left a post on my blog about the girls' night out. Friday won't work for me, but I'll check on Thurs.

Nichole said...

I'm all game for a girls night out!