2.08.2008

Winter blues...

Well, I'm actually adding something to my blog. I need to get with it! I'm sure by now everyone's given up on me and stopped checking my blog - but I still love you fellow bloggers out there! This winter is really getting to me - I am ready for Spring. I know we need all the moisture - but there has been a storm almost every other day! Come on! But there's hope - the sun came out today and it was so wonderful!!! I think the temp reached into the high 30's (never thought I could be so excited about that)! Lately, all I've wanted to do is lay on the couch in a warm blanket and read a good book. Kind of boring - but it's just been so blustery outside!



Not a lot to report - I've hardly taken any pictures lately - but here are the highlights:

Tanner downing a Cheescake - and believe it or not - it was Porter who let him do it! I came out one morning and this is what Tanner was having for breakfast! YUM!
Tanner was so proud of himself for the crown he made at school and the tower he built!
Well, this is where some of our time has been spent - Courntey had to invent and build a machine for the scince fair at school. (Don't you just love projects like this!) Porter and Courntey spent a lot of time working on it. I'm really glad Porter is good at this stuff - it is not my talent! She came up with the idea and Porter helped her. It turned out pretty cool (and dangerous of course)! She named it The Exploder and it launches tennis balls - or other things -for your dog. It works good- it can launch them across the street from our porch!Here's the finished project:
Ready........Aim.........FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!
She also had to make a big poster explaining everything - it turned out really cute! (That's where my talent comes in.)They celebrated Valentine's day in Jakes class this week because they go off track on Monday and will miss Valentine's day. Jake made the best box! Jake loves to make these little surf boards with penguins on top. He had a whole drawer of them in his room - so we decieded to put them on top of his box. It was sweet! He got lots of love notes from little girls - he was so cute about it - he said he's not making up his mind on who he wants to marry until he gets older! Smart boy!

8 comments:

allison said...

I agree with you about the winter blues...I came home from school today in such a bad mood because the wind was blowing so hard, messing up my hair, slamming my car door on my leg, not being able to open my door, etc. etc. I guess that's good that you guys are getting moisture though. Courtney's science project looks great!

allison said...

I agree with you about the winter blues...I came home from school today in such a bad mood because the wind was blowing so hard, messing up my hair, slamming my car door on my leg, not being able to open my door, etc. etc. I guess that's good that you guys are getting moisture though. Courtney's science project looks great!

Anne said...

Hey Steph. Thanks for the bday wish. Yeah, that day is Salt Lake was pretty rushed. Trying to see the Grandparents and making it home before rush hour (which didn't happen). Porter was telling us about Courtney's project. That's so fun. And Jake's penguins are great! We need to come down to SLC and spend a day with just you guys.

Jacqui said...

Love that you posted! I was shocked! Lol. I have hated this weather, too. Brrr...but today was promising. Just a little teaser for things to come. There's hope!

Love the surfing penguins Mr. Casanova made. He's such a cutie. Courtney's project is awesome! Love the colors. Hope Ashley doesn't have to do one next year...! So fun to hear from you again. Back to blogging!

Louis and Alice said...

You won't have winter blues down here in Florida! You and the kids need to jump on Porter's jet and head to Miami!! We miss you guys!

Shana and Brandon said...

Hey I check your blog out all of the time. Its fun to keep up with your family. I get to your blog from everyone in the neighborhood. You can check out ours horobahaps.blogspot. if you want. One of my friends at work went to nursing school with funny huh. Suzi Doxey
See you soon

Jacqui said...

I tagged you with a new tag. Check my blog!

Nichole said...

steph...it's been awhile sinse i've checked out your blog...love the tennis ball launcher! Go Cort!!! i bet jake is the heartbreaker in his class...handsome, smart and pretty darn funny!

I am sooo sick of this yucky cold weather! We need spring!

Hey is Jake doing baseball next year? Let me know...Cindy called and Tanner wants to do it...but he would be sooo bummed if Jake wasn't palying!