8.13.2011

Information Overload

So it's now 4 a.m. and I can't sleep.  
I've been looking at and catching up on blogs since 2 a.m. and I've been inspired to blog.

#1 reason I can't sleep:  painful contractions
#2 reason I can't sleep:  heartburn
#3 reason I can't sleep:  I have to go to the bathroom every hour
#4 reason:  well, I think those 1st three are pretty good reasons

I don't think I've officially blogged that I am pregnant.  Yes - baby #5 is on it's way and almost here.  It's a boy!!! (Courtney's a little sad - she really wanted a sister)  But we are excited and honestly I'm a little nervous - 5 kids - need I say more.

I am due Sept 25th - but it's not looking like I'm going to make it that far - thank goodness.  And no, we don't have a name picked out.  Crew didn't have a name for a few weeks, so this baby is really in trouble.  Any suggestions are appreciated. 


Here is the information (and picture) overload. 
I started downloading pictures from this May and thought I would get all the way through August, but I didn't get that far.  I will try to finish it tomorrow night when I'm up again. 



Tulip Festival - one of my fav's of the year





Jake being Jake
He did clear it


 Crew's middle name is Grant and there is a real connection between them.  Crew can't get enough of my dad - he just adores him.  Papa is his very favorite person in the world.  He is my dad's little shadow.
                                                          Very funny Jake


 We watched a lot of lacrosse games this spring and summer.  Jake is very passionate about it.  It's a great game.  He's the one is the blue socks.
 Jake scoring!  He's pretty dang good (sorry I have to brag a little)
Mother's Day.  Me with my gang.  Man I love them.




Porter's 36th birthday.  Time flies.  I reminded him many times that I am only 32 and he's now closer to 40.  We are at Kneaders with his family for lunch.  They came for his bday and to watch a little soccer and lacrosse action.

Tanner cannot smile normal in a picture.  He has a funny face in almost every picture I take of him.

Crew and Lila are best buds


Courtney's violin concert


 Pinewood Derby. Jake took 2nd out of around 20 - 30 cars.  Good job Porter and Jake.
Jake and Tanner's car.  Tanner's car beat everyone during the open round - it was solid lead on the bottom.  Tanner was so proud.
 Courtney's 12th bday party with our family


I can't believe she is 12.  She is so grown up.  Taller than me, it's weird to look up at your child. She is moving into Young Women's.  Courtney - you are the best and I love you.


Tanner is the best gift giver.  Whenever it's your birthday you get a special "Tanner Present".  He goes and finds something of his that he knows you will love then wraps it all himself. 




Her 12th bday party with her friends.  They had a blast - although it was a little crazy.

Much to Porter's dismay, she can now officially wear makeup.

We went to Grandma Cynde's for her bday too.  We are roasting marshmellows in their basement.  The kids loved it. 

Mark, Cynde and Porter sat on the couch and played the game Words With Friends on their iphones and ipad for hours.  It was pretty funny. Just pull out scrabble!



Cynde thought we were supposed to do a funny face in this one and I missed it in the next one.


Porter helping Mark build his wagon for the horses.

Jake was Brigham Young in his school play on Utah's history.  It was so cute.  He had to sing "this is the place" several times.  Little known fact about Jake - the boy can sing.  After the play, his principal said Jake would be our American Idol someday.


Last day of School.  Courtney is now officially out of elementary school and moving into middle school.  Jake will be going into 5th and Tanner into 1st grade next school year. 



Tanner at his happiest :)

Courtney's graduation from 6th grade.  They did a "clap out" through the halls 1st (the whole school stood in the halls and clapped for them while the 6th graders ran through the halls) and then they had a really nice program.  She is growing up way to fast.

Soccer.  Lots and lots of soccer.  Every Saturday we had 3 soccer games and usually 2 lacrosse games.  Yes I'm crazy - but what can I do?  They all love playing - so it makes for a busy, fun Saturday.





Park City Shoot Out.  Jake's lax team went to a tournament in Park City.  It was so fun but exhausting. They played teams from all over the West - CA, TX, CO, AZ and ID.  They played awesome, they only lost once.






Porter helped coach his team all season.  They had a blast together. 
Crew is such a good sport.  He gets pulled to this game and that, so we have fun on the sidelines together.


This picture goes with roasting marshmellows at Grandma Cynde's.  I just couldn't get it in the right spot.  He couldn't get enough of them!

So I'm caught up from May to June. Whew.......


4 comments:

Anne said...

Steph! I loved to post! And I'm SO sorry you aren't sleeping. You poor girl. Great pics. Your kids are adorable. Love ya.

Jacqui said...

Fun to catch up! That first picture of Jake at the Tulip Festival is adorable. And Tanner's dimples are to die for! Your kids are darling. So fun!

cynde isom said...

Thanks for posting. It's been fun looking at all the pictures.

Nichole said...

Wow...my long lost friend. I heard you are having #5!!! I am so excited for you! I have loved reading & seeing your kids...I can't believe how different Jake looks with long hair!!! Wow...you almost have me inspired to update my blog! :)